"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
Hunter S. Thompson

Steven Purkey

Ragamuffin Chic

I shot dope by myself
in her bathroom

Long-sleeved, hiding tracks
I loved her

I smoked dope w/ her
one night, all night

Playing guitar, singing gibberish
Fighting for some lost freedom

And I loved her
All of her
and I’d always get drunk
and pass out on her porch
or nod out while speaking truths

And awake sick
w/ or w/out shit
to get me by another day

I used her love
and she used mine

I found her wondering around one day
me, by myself
her, alone

We walked around holding hands
and talking
and hiding from cops
got drunk in the graveyard

She could take me or leave me,
but mostly she took me in
and taught me the secrets of
ragamuffin chic.



return to index

No comments: