"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
Hunter S. Thompson

Beverly Heels

Body Damage

The bumper sticker says
chicks dig body damage
and I run my fingers over
my busted knee cap and
think I would miss them
if they were gone and the
bubbled scars of my spongy
cancers boil to the top of
my skin and think it’s a
shame I don’t dig chicks
'cuz I got scars like a dictionary
and they’re like men and
cigarettes sometimes
I like to smoke them fast
and choke but other times so
slow so it burns and still other
times not at all 'cuz I’m sick
but most times I crave
cigarettes like men’s hands
across my busted knee cap
but I can’t afford a pack 'cuz
I’m as broke as the car
on which I first spied the bumper
sticker



return to index

No comments: